“Electric Motor Solutions” is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Changes to our policy
“Electric Motor Solutions” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are in acceptance of the latest policy. Policy changes will apply only to information collected after the date of the change. This policy was last modified on January 1, 2014.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your company name
- Contact information including email address and phone number
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
What we do with the information we gather and how do we use it?
We may use the information we collect from you when you surf the website, fill out our contact form or use certain other site features. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests and improve our products and services offered.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may periodically send promotional emails and newsletters about new products, events, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or by phone. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- If you prefer to opt-out and not receive promotional e-mails, newsletters or phone contact from us, please refer to the ” Controlling your personal information – How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?”, section below to remove or modify information you have provided to us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Do we use “cookies”?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include “Electric Motor Solutions”. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Controlling your personal information
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us? You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you wish to delete your email from our active marketing and promotion list and/or have previously not opted out for us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us as listed in the “Contact Us” section listed at end of the policy statement below. Please note: 1) that due to email or marketing production schedules you may still receive any emails already in production. 2) That we may maintain information about you confidently in order to service past inquires and for record keeping.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please, by writing to or emailing us as listed in the “Contact Us” section listed at end of the policy statement below
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as listed in the “Contact Us” section listed at end of the policy statement below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Third party links
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online policy only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions page establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.